Thursday, April 15, 2010

Well, hello. I just finished working on a drawing of the little mermaid. It came out wonderfully. It has lots of texture. I have been thinking a lot lately about what medium would be best for illustration. I know lots of people like to use water color and now-a-days people like to do things on the computer. I want to do somehthing different. I want something inexpensive that will be really bright and colorful. Something like collage out of recycled materials would be interesting. I wonder if it would be more time consuming than other materials. That would really be fun. You know, I will be creating Christian books. Could you imagine some of the characters of the Bible made out of recycled materials? King David with button eyes and an old dish cloth for hair? Queen Esther wearing a gown made out of bottle caps? If I was a little kid this would be interesting to me. Of cource the books would not have all these bottle caps and such glued into them, I would create the images and then photograph them or scan them. I guess I will just see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment